I have been a therapist for over 20 years. A broad range of clinical experience informs my work. I’ve worked in a range of settings, including outpatient chemical dependency, public schools, a family support center, and in outpatient psychiatry at a large hospital system.
I’ve built my practice to support my needs and my daughter’s needs, while continuing to do good work. When you are your own boss, you get to be a decent one. I pick my own hours and I try not to overdo it. But. Like most people, particularly those in the Bay Area, money doesn’t go very far.
I’m currently reflecting on my relationship w/ insurance companies and whether they are relationships I want to continue. A change in the near future may be moving to a mostly self-pay model. This leaves fewer hands between the healthcare dollar and me, the provider. I’m pretty tired of the health insurance hijinks in the US. Single Payer healthcare Now!
People describe my style as warm, direct, and a little goofy. I like to laugh at the absurdity of our human condition. I’m down to Earth, compassionate, and no bullshit. I will ask for your honesty and tell you what I think.
I have had the enormous privilege to work with colleagues and clients from many backgrounds and identities. My commitment to fighting oppressive systems flows through everything I do and am. As an able-bodied, cis-gender, white, queer woman, I am aware that I exist in a culture that privileges some of my experiences over many who are “othered” by society. Everyone one deserves to be heard and seen for who they are.
Common Issues I work with:
- ADHD – attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- CBT – cognitive behavioral therapy
- DBT – dialectical behavioral therapy
- Clinical Supervision and Consultation
- EMDR – eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy
- Gender Identity and Expression
- Neurodivergence: ASD, ADHD, OCD
- PTSD – post traumatic stress disorder
Black Lives Matter, BIPOC Voices Matter
- I tell the truth about systemic racism in our history and our present, especially the exploitation of Black bodies, the genocide of Indigenous bodies, and the brutality of the police
- I believe BIPOC’s experiences of racial aggression
- I interrogate my whiteness and the collective whiteness
- I explore racialized dynamics in our work together
All Bodies are Good Bodies
- I work from a Health at Every Size (HAES) model.
- BMI = bullshit.
- Diets don’t work
- I recognize that the desirability of bodies is wound up in capitalism, ableism, and white supremacy
- I support developmentally appropriate, consent-based sexual expression in every stage of life
- I embrace kink and non-monogamy as part of the human experience
- I honor asexuality
- I affirm all understandings of gender; gender-affirming treatments save lives
- I understand that transphobia is rampant and that trans rights are being threatened and dismantled
- I support trans kids
- I engage with other providers to increase access to gender affirming care (I won’t charge you for a letter)
Tell the truth
- We have a right and a responsibility to question all aspects of our world with the goal of pursuing liberation.